Welcome to the Surgery
The practice was established over one hundred years ago/ The present partners have sought to continue this tradition whilst incorporating the highest standards of modern medicine. The surgery was fully refurbished in 1991 when it also became a Training Practice for aspiring GPs.
In 2007 further expansion was undertaken to provide improved services to patients including facilities such as a minor operation suite. In 2012 the practice underwent a further refurbishment of the reception area and nurses treatment room.
The team includes seven GPs as well as 2 GP trainees, two practice nurses, a health care assistant, a practice manager and a team of receptionists and administrators. We also work closely with the Health Visitors, District Nurses and other community organisations to deliver high quality care to our patients.
The practice was founded by Dr Thompson in 1910 and is now over 100 years old. Dr George Thompson (“Uncle George”) set up practice initially with Dr Bill Rayner and at that time the practice was situated at Rose Villa in Second Cross Road. A branch surgery was then bought in 1930 at the Cross Deep Location.
In 1939 Dr Tony Shearman arrived along with Drs Leon Walkden and Alan Wallace and the practice flourished over the next thirty years. Rose Villa was eventually sold in 1969. From 1980 to 2003 there was another long period of stability when Drs Alex Hall, Ting To, Jean Edmonds, and Graeme Robertson were the incumbent doctors.
Dr Jean Edmonds retired in 2006 and Dr Ting To left the practice in 2010.
After Dr Rachel O'Donnell joined the practice in 2006 followed by Dr Clare Hurle in 2009 both became partners alongside Dr Graeme Robertson and Dr Alison Lloyd in 2011.
In 2013 Dr Alison Lloyd announced her retirement, followed by Dr Graeme Robertson in 2014 at which point Dr Sylwia Ferguson who had been working as a salaried GP at Cross Deep joined the partnership at the beginning of 2015.
We look after approx 10,700 people in Twickenham, Teddington and Hampton. We also provide care for Brinsworth House, a Residential Home in Twickenham for retired theatre artists, and for Roy Kinnear House, a nursing home for young people with severe disabilities.